Search This Blog
Wednesday, March 26, 2025
Introduction
We all think we have a seen one. A “look-alike.” A dead-ringer. Usually, more scrutiny reveals a person who merely fleetingly reminded us of someone.
Actually finding one is a long shot, for sure. Studies insist that there is only a one -in-a-Trillion chance that you will find a true look-alike. When and if you do, it is a big deal.
These ladies do "look alike"- but there are differences which keep them from being true doppelgangers. The one on the left has a toothier smile, a broader, shorter nose and slanted eyes. Compare the nose bridge. Compare the gums exposed when smiling. This is why I score them at only 90% alike... I'll explain how I establish that judgement below.
As an artist, one who has studied anatomy and life drawing; one who has painted portraits professionally, and one who thinks and relates and expresses himself in imagery the way a physicist uses numbers, I have a natural advantage in identifying doppelgangers. My lifelong love of history gave me a wealth of visual clues in my mental hard drive, so unfortunately doppelgangers have become an obsession and sometimes a curse, as they began to surface in online auctions. And each time I wondered… could it be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BEFORE WE GET TOO FAR DOWN THE ROAD...
IF reading is as important to you as the pictures, RIGHT NOW put your cursor on the narrow blue band at the top, RIGHT CLICK and then (left...
-
We all think we have a seen one. A “look-alike.” A dead-ringer. Usually, more scrutiny reveals a person who merely fleetingly reminded us of...
-
Our eyes don't lie, but our brains can be fooled. Consider this. Have you ever noticed that you can recognize most people you know from ...
-
I also have a life-long love of photography, and especially antique images. When I run across a great old tintype, and it features a doppel...



No comments:
Post a Comment